Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Visit to Singapore Discovery Center

Hi,all. It's me again. Yesterday, our school organize a trip for us. It was a trip to the Singapore Discovery Center. Actually our consortium (Ortus) was supposed to go the day before tomorrow, but some of us cannot because we have MOP (Maths Olympiad Program)and we change it to yesterday. There were four of us that day, plus three that were in the i-spark consortium.

We were gathered at the salt canter at 2.20 p.m. We wanted to join class 1i2 which our three Malaysian friends were studying. But, unfortunately we were ordered to join class 1i1, which was OK.

After all the student had came, we boarded the bus and Discovery Center here I come. After a half an hour of sitting in the bus, we finally reach the Discovery Center. I almost bored to death on that bus. It seems like the bus was going 10km/h.

Next,we got in group and we went for a talk. The woman talked about "Total Defence" and other more boring staff that I think we Malaysian will not need to know. But in the end, I got some details about "Total Defence". Singapore started "Total Defence" after that were conquer by the Japaneses and "Total Defence" everybody plays a part.
They also used poster to encourage people. They used poster instead of E-mail, Message and others. They think poster are more effective, which I agree with. Sometimes, we notice poster more than we received E-mail. Most of the people will delete it after receiving it, while for poster, the percentage is more higher for the people to notice it.

After the long talk that turned out greater than I have expected ended,it was about 4.00p.m. Then, we have a 15 minutes rest. The last activities were to fill in a paper and after filling in, you will get a prize if you got all correct. My greedy friend, took two papers and got two prize.

Finally we went home. I was so exhausted that I fell asleep the minute I lied on the comfortable seat of the bus. It was a great experience and I gain quite a lot on this trip. I hope the school will organize more exciting trips for us in the future.

P.S. please post comments on my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment